In addition to our prayers, we thought there is nothing better to share with you this Christmas than a glimpse into the fruits of the JP2 Project. Macie, a senior at Benedictine College who is studying (and living) the New Evangelization, studied abroad with us last summer. She will be one of the young adult mentors for our 2019 high school pilgrimage and one of the 4 students representing the JP2 Project at SEEK. Macie wrote this testimony just a few days before she left Krakow, and could say a lot more now after digesting and living the fruits of her experience.
“When being called to Poland I did not know what the Lord was calling me to. I had never been out of the country, let alone I had never flown on a plane. I was scared, I was not capable, I was not ready, but the Lord called me and I answered yes. Maybe it was the first words given by JPII as Pope, “Be Not Afraid.”
My time in Poland has been blessed beyond belief. I hardly have words to describe my experience. I have met many saints here, little ones, the biggest of ones, and ones in the making. I have rediscovered beauty here in Poland. In the churches, beauty. In the people, beauty. In the nature, beauty. And in the Eucharist, beauty. What brought me to Poland the most was the family. JPII once said, the way the family goes, so does all the world go. In the world today the family is under attack. I feel charged to pray for and strengthen the family. I have discovered beauty in the family in Poland.
I have learned to pray while in Poland, have experienced so many spiritual graces, I have truly been transformed in my entire person...JPII said that friendship is one of the most important things in life. On this trip I have discovered this is true. I have met many new friends on this trip that have given me a better understanding on friendship and on life in general.
The day that I leave Poland will be one of the hardest days of my life. That is because this is where I have found God...I know that I must leave Poland, so that I may bring its flame and joy back to the U.S. I know that I must leave Poland so that I may one day come back to this beautiful place I am honored to call my home.
Thank you for helping me, on this my journey to discover beauty. Thank you for being not afraid to be an instrument that was able to play to allow me to experience Poland and God’s mercy.”
20. Coronavirus Effects & Response
19. It's Not Enough to Know- Testimony
18. To Warsaw & Back Again- A Pilgrim's Tale
17. New Family on Board- Launching Fall 2019
16. Atheist Testimony
15. Summer Success
14. My Time Abroad, by Justin Read
13. Officially Consecrated, in Mary's City
12. Top 10 Semester Highlights of Spring 2019
11. Looking Forward in May
10. Institutions & Individuals, and You?
9. We Need Your Help to Get Some Wheels
8. Merry Christmas with a Testimony
7. Not Because of the Turkey, but seriously
6. Mercy Made Real on the US Tour
5. "This is Awesome. Can I do Something?"
4. Carrying the Torch Back to the USA
3. First Program: Mission Accomplished!
2. Springtime is beginning to dawn
1. Build for the Builders