Hello again from Krakow! The MacDonald family has safely returned home to (as our 3-year old daughter calls it) “John Paul II’s house!”. The US Tour was amazing: thank you for being a part of that. We’ll be rolling out some of the big developments for 2019 that have sprung from that incredible journey. Stay tuned! This year is going to be momentous!
We have a BIG goal to start off the year: finally purchasing a van for our programs! We absolutely need your help, especially since we want to raise all the funds in less than 2 weeks, before our Spring Study Abroad group arrives!
Until now, we’ve been managing with Krakow’s public transportation. But as our programs grow and we hit all seasons, it is time to professionalize our operations here. The van will serve to cover basic needs of running errands, from groceries to laundry, to transporting our participants to and from the airport, and securing the safety measure of having our own wheels for when we need them most.
What are the dream wheels? A 9-passenger All-Wheel-Drive van. This will provide safe and efficient transportation for all our program’s operations, no matter what the weather.
Yes, the young Karol Wojtyla walked to work at night in the winter in wooden clogs; he didn’t have an AWD van! But he also lost his entire family, was hit by a nazi truck and suffered multiple assassination attempts, including being stabbed and shot. No need for literal imitation of the saints in every situation :)
To help us purchase this clutch van for our programs here in Krakow, we are asking for matching gift donors. If you would like to talk about this, please reach out to me at +1 407 906 0073, or send an email to email@example.com
This is the biggest fundraising campaign we are launching, and it is just one of our many needs this year (which include salaries for staff, travel for chaplains, and student sponsorships).
We want to thank all of you for your financial support, all your many prayers and your hospitality during 2018. We are so excited to have such a wonderful family of supporters to accompany us into 2019 as we accomplish this great work our Lord has set before us, together!
You and your families are in our prayers!
Co-Founder and VP Operations
The John Paul II Project
23. Where are you in the darkness?
22. Divine Mercy Sunday- 20 Years Later
21. Coronavirus Impact Update
20. Coronavirus Effects & Response
19. It's Not Enough to Know- Testimony
18. To Warsaw & Back Again- A Pilgrim's Tale
17. New Family on Board- Launching Fall 2019
16. Atheist Testimony
15. Summer Success
14. My Time Abroad, by Justin Read
13. Officially Consecrated, in Mary's City
12. Top 10 Semester Highlights of Spring 2019
11. Looking Forward in May
10. Institutions & Individuals, and You?
9. We Need Your Help to Get Some Wheels
8. Merry Christmas with a Testimony
7. Not Because of the Turkey, but seriously
6. Mercy Made Real on the US Tour
5. "This is Awesome. Can I do Something?"
4. Carrying the Torch Back to the USA
3. First Program: Mission Accomplished!
2. Springtime is beginning to dawn
1. Build for the Builders