** New page under construction **
"JP2 Homes" are residences in the USA for young adults to carry out their professional and personal pursuits, while deepening their relationship with Christ, growing in virtue, and giving of themselves in service.
- Single young adults, ages 18-35
- Full-time job, student, or volunteer
- Each young adult must have some study/work/service commitment comprising at least 35 hours per week.
Cost: varies upon location, but low cost.
- Daily prayer in community and weekly adoration
- Daily meal in common
- Weekly formation meetings, geared towards living holy, full and fruitful lives.
- Monthly active outdoor activities, in the example of JP2
- Striving to live a virtuous life, open to others
- Service to local church- type and time commitment varies per person
- Contribute to shared responsibilities within the residence (cleaning, shopping…)
Connected with a local parish community in which they serve and worship.
- Where will it be?
- For our first one, we are partnering with St. Patrick Catholic Church in Brighton, Michigan for a chaplain, opportunities for service, and host community for worship.
- What if I want to take a year to discern?
- This is a fantastic opportunity to grow in your relationship with the Lord, in order to hear His voice and be prepared for giving of yourself in the vocation to which He calls you.
- Is there a way to participate for free?
- Yes. There is one position for a house leader who is compensated in room and board for his/her role in managing the property and guiding the community activities.
- There may be the possibility for someone looking to give a full year of service in a volunteer role with the local Church and/or JP2 Project and receive room and board in exchange.
- I don’t have a job in the area. Is that a problem?
- All participants must have a full-time commitment. That can be any combination of a part-time job, part-time studies, and/or part-time volunteer. While it is not necessary to secure a job/work/volunteer opportunity before applying, it is required before receiving final acceptance into the home.
- What are the volunteer opportunities? Are their internship opportunities?
- All internship and volunteer opportunities will be organized once we receive pre-applications with your written interests. We are currently exploring options of serving in a parish, either in ministry, education, the elderly or those in need. There may also be opportunities to serve within the JP2 Project, in the area of communications, fundraising or apostolic initiatives, such as speaking at university events.
- What if my work schedule is unusual? Will I be able to participate in communal commitments?
- Exact details and schedule of commitments will be worked out to accommodate everyone in the house and meet each person’s individual needs. These are in place to help you and everyone in the community, while you carry out your personal and professional pursuits.